Investment Visas

If you plan to start or relocate your business to the United States, or if you engage in a large amount of international trade with the U.S., you may be eligible for an investment visa. There are several types of investment visas available to foreign investors seeking permanent or temporary residency in the U.S.:

  • EB-5 Investment Visa: Requires a direct investment of one million dollars in a business that will create jobs for at least 10 U.S. workers (not including the investor's immediate family) or an investment of $500,000 in a Congress-designated target employment area (TEA); alternately, a regional investment, which requires the investor to put at least $500,000 in a government-approved EB5 regional center
  • E-2 Treaty Investment Visa: Requires the individual to be controlling an investment in the U.S.; must invest a substantial amount of capital
  • E-1 Treaty Trade Visa: Available to individuals who participate in a significant amount of international trade with the U.S. (the majority of the trader's international trade); no set minimum for this trade, but the volume must be enough to justify residence in the U.S. to manage the trade
  • The EB-5 visa grants permanent residency within the U.S. and allows you and your family the same benefits of a U.S. citizen. E-2 visas must be renewed every other year, while E-1 visas are generally issued for somewhere between 2-5 years. There is no restriction on how many times these visas may be renewed, as long as the individual is still actively investing or trading in the United States. Choosing to relocate your family and business to the United States is an overwhelming venture, but you do not have to go through it alone.